SUMMARY OF PERFORMANCE
Summary Of Academic Achievement And Functional Performance (SAAFP)
– Must be provided to students leaving the system upon:
• Graduation, or
• Exceeding age of eligibility (aging out at 21 years)
– Students are often left without necessary information and documentation of their disability that is required to access supports and services in post school activities
– Schools are now required to make a smoother transition and must now provide a “Summary of Performance” to students with special education eligibility at termination including academic and functional performance,and they must make recommendations on how to assist the student in meeting post secondary goals
– The intent is that the disability documentation will meet documentation requirements under the Disability Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
– This summary is not required as part of the transition planning process but should be reviewed for accuracy prior to termination.